Poker is definitely the most popular hazardous game because why more and more people wish to become a part of “the family”. And the first thing to do is to get how to play Poker of this or that type. There are many kinds of Poker games, but it is enough to learn the main rules of one specific variant, and there were not any issues to understand the differences between all available Poker’s types. Special tips and recommendations are in common use, and basically all advice can be adapted to all variants of Poker with no difference, whether it’s a “guide” for beginners or for professionals.
How to play Poker – basic rules and tips of classic and Texas Holdem Poker
Before starting to play this or that type of Poker, it’s necessary to know the grade of possible hands, and here they are, starting from the highest combination.
- Royal Flush is a hand with 10, J, Q, K and A of the same suit. This combination is the most popular one, and it’s met first in many manuals about how to play Poker.
- Straight Flush is a combination of 5 cards of the consecutive rank of the same suit.
- Four of a Kind – 4 cards of the same rank.
- Full House – 3 cards of the same rank and a Pair.
- Flush is a hand with 5 cards of the same suit.
- Straight – 5 cards of the consecutive rank, but of the different suit.
- Three of a Kind – 3 cards of the same rank.
- Two Pair – it’s simply one Pair + another Pair
- Pair – 2 cards of the same rank.
- High Card – the highest card, when there’s not any combinations, mentioned above.
Some types of Poker can have a Joker in the deck that leads to the appearance of the combination Five of a Kind, but it’s met very seldom in online casinos.
Classic Poker is usually represented by Stud or Draw types. The general idea is that every participant receives 5 or 7 cards, change some of them (if necessary), make bets, and the best hand wins in the end. It’s just in 2 words. If to speak about how to play Texas Holdem Poker, the process is a bit different, but the goal and structure remain the same. Every player gets 2 cards and 3 cards are put on the table, and can be used by all gamblers. After a betting round, a dealer gives the fourth general card, and then the fifth one. After all bets are made, the combinations are compared.
As for the tips for beginners, the main of them are relevant to all types of the game, and the most useful of them are listed below.
- Never play too many hands. Approximate number of games to take part in should be around 20 %.
- Always be patient and never play under the alcohol.
- Treat table’s position very carefully, as an example, the last position is the best one, as there’s better picture about the round.
- Study starting hands’ odds.
- Before taking part in a competition, try to check opponents’ ways of playing.
- It’s better to make bets, than to call, as this fact will hide a beginner inside you.
These are the basics rules and tips, but it’s always a chance to find more useful information, floating around the Internet.
Legal Poker in Canada – what to consider, playing at home
First of all, there’s no Federal Law that regulates online gambling. It’s under the jurisdiction of Provinces of Canada. And, generally, Poker online isn’t forbidden in the country. And below mentioned steps are the main ones for Canadians to play Poker legally at home.
- Choose the best Poker site that not only has good reputation, but contains suitable games, as well. More of this, it’s better to find a source that has demo modes for beginners to understand how to play Poker.
- Download software or application, if necessary.
- Create a new account.
- Make a choice, whether to play for free or for real money.
- Real money players should choose their welcome bonus, if it’s available.
- Make the first deposit, choose the game and start enjoying an amazing world of Poker.
There are some online casinos, which have bad reputation and players better to avoid them. Some of them are Absolute Poker, Ultimate Bet, Lock Poker, etc. And there are many websites, which provide gamblers with the information about unreliable sources.